Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WPX rules, it finally happened

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WPX rules, it finally happened
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 09:52:01 -0700
I am surprised that we even need to id today.

I am surprised that nobody has created a site and associated software that allows you to upload where you are calling CQ, mode, etc into a central database that people can log into and have their band maps filled with accurate information.

No more spotting networks needed, no more skimmers, etc.

If we are going to spoon feed people why not pull out all the stops and just tell everyone where everyone else is and be done with it?

The next rule will be you HAVE to CQ in this manner....CQ TEST DE W0LID and only that way any other variations could lead to a DQ...........

I am still waiting Contest Committee for the hard facts about how many ops don't id properly etc. These decisions are based on actual facts right?

The rules only effect those participating. So do as you wish and don't submit logs. You don't win anything anyway. Big deal.

Mike W0MU