[CQ-Contest] Fwd: WRTC 18 Qualifying

To: wrtc2018@lists.wrtc2018.de, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: WRTC 18 Qualifying
From: David Siddall <hhamwv@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 23:58:53 -0500
Mats,

Thanks for your thoughts.  As I noted WAE & RDXC were elevated ABOVE CQWPX
and IARU.   RDXC & WAE certainly are enjoyed by many, they are fun
contests, but they do not draw numbers of competitors with worldwide
distribution equivalent to CQWPX & IARU.   Do we really need social
engineering to push competitors into this or that contest and tell us what
we "should" like?  The numbers demonstrate the rankings for what we *do*
like as a group, rather than individual preferences.

73,  Dave K3ZJ