Re: [CQ-Contest] Proposed rule changes

To: "wc1m73@gmail.com" <wc1m73@gmail.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Proposed rule changes
From: <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 16:11:34 -0500
So if the SDR recording shows that the call sign entered was the call sign
sent, how does that prove whether it was edited?
If I work you and, for whatever reason, use the paddle to send WC1M 599 4, but
I've typed WCM1, and then fix it, the SDR will show I sent the correct call and
the log will show I logged the correct call.
If the intent really is to prohibit fixing honest typos, then that's perhaps
the stupidest intention ever.
Problem is, I don't think that's really the intent. So until the committee
weighs in, we're stuck with the wording.
Dick is choosing a literal interpretation. I think it's just bad editing of the
original rule that's leaving this particular conclusion in play.
73, kellyve4xt