Re: [CQ-Contest] Proposed rule changes

To: wc1m73@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Proposed rule changes
From: "XV4Y (Yan)" <xv4y@nature-mekong.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 06:19:53 +0700
Hi DIck,

I know, and this argument is very valid.
Big contests have been an important incentive to activate some remote places
and it should stay the same.
However, how many participants are concerned per year? 5 ? 10 ? How many among
the winners ? 1 or 2 ?
Should we make the whole rules only for them ? Should we try to write some
exception ?

Among the latests DXpeditions on remote islands, which one really was not able
to send his logs to Club Log during the operation ?

73,
Yan.
---
Yannick DEVOS - XV4Y
http://xv4y.radioclub.asia/
http://varc.radioclub.asia/

> Le 25 mai 2015 à 01:15, Dick Green WC1M <wc1m73@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> I'd love to see a rule that the log has to be submitted immediately, but the
> argument has been that some competitive stations don't have access to the
> Internet -- for example, someone doing a Dxpedition to a remote island. Also,
> CQWW still accepts paper logs.
>
> That said, I think we're getting close to a way to enforce the rule against
> editing logs by using broad-spectrum recordings, at least for CW and digital
> contests. If we can get to the point where there are enough recording
> stations around the world, enough redundancy and good enough software to
> merge it all into a giant master log of the contest, then it won't matter
> when the logs are submitted. If QSOs don't match the master log, they won't
> count and may be penalized.
>
> 73, Dick WC1M

>>> 2. One nanosecond later I notice something is wrong.