Re: [CQ-Contest] Open Letter to VE Contesters

To: k9yc@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Open Letter to VE Contesters
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 09:01:27 -0600
Jim,

Those are all excellent points. One thing, though, is it suggests the Canadian
sub-bands (lack thereof, really), isn't really a core issue.

Your fixes would fix a lot for a bunch of folks.

I can't help but wonder if the subconscious issue, one that some perhaps can't
recognize, let alone admit to, is that the NE US and eastern seaboard had for
some time a major advantage over most of W/VE and now some of those operators
can't abide by two of their own finding a way to overcome that advantage.

The difference between US and Canadian regulations would thus be merely the
scapegoat.

73, kelly, ve4xt

Sent from my iPhone