Re: [CQ-Contest] cqcontest.net

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cqcontest.net
From: "KU7Y" <ku7y.cw@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 10:50:49 -0700
Hi Rudy,

>From my little experience using SO2R I found that it was a very big help
just in knowing when to do things like change bands.  And many multipliers
were found on the 2nd band that I would not have otherwise worked.  And I am
not a skilled SO2R op.

>From my point of view it's a night and day difference.  If you add in
panadaptors it's even a greater difference.  If you add in the Assisted
class it becomes a click and call matter to work multipliers.

There is nothing wrong with any of that.  But the advantage of the 2nd radio
is, in my opinion, to great to lump them into the same class.

And that's without even considering those super operators who can run on 2
bands in the dueling CQ mode. I have a great deal of respect for anyone who
can do that!

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y
Arizona Outlaws Contest Club