Re: [CQ-Contest] cqcontest.net

To: Hank Greeb <n8xx@arrl.org>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cqcontest.net
From: Radio K0HB <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2016 01:57:48 +0000
Hank, don't patronize the subscribers of the reflector by attempting to
deflect the issue from "use of assistance" to "use of obsolete equipment".

In a few of my favorite contests I prefer to operate without assistance
from other amateurs, and to compete with other operators who share that
preference.

In doing so, I use a reasonably modern station (as modern as my "old
retired Sailorboy budget" will permit), a midrange FTdx-5000, and a nice
"city lot tribander and wires" Alcoa farm. My log and record keeping apps
are similarly modern. I splurged last summer and acquired a fancy Begali
paddle (KØCKB even thinks it's sorta pretty).

I expect that my setup is similar to most active
"participant-sometimes-contender-grade" contesters.

Your suggestion that "non-assisted" players are some sort of stone age
Luddites is deliberately inaccurate and mildly insulting.

73, de Hans, KØHB