Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheating

To: Mirko S57AD <miroslav.sibilja@amis.net>, k2qmf@juno.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheating
From: Radio K0HB <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 21:39:39 +0000
My "neighborhood" of contesting and DX'ing friends are guys like NØAT,
KØKK, KØTO, KØIR, KØKX, KTØR(SK), KØFVF(SK), KØRC, KØSR, KØAD, WØAIH, KØMD,
NØIJ, WØGJ, K4IU, KØMPH, etc.

There is NOBODY in that group, and hundreds more that I know now, and have
known over my 50-some years in DX and Radio-sporting, that I can imagine
being outside the rules, even just a smidgen.

The interminable jeremiads crying "cheat" on CQ-Contest, mostly by noted
hams whose credentials I otherwise admire, is loutish and Ill-mannered. It
insults the community of hams, 99.99% of who play by the rules.

If you know a cheater, well then turn him in; but don't condone the
widespread internet trashing of hams in general. We are better than that.
Your neighborhood may vary.

73, HB