Re: [CQ-Contest] SO Categories

To: w2lc@twcny.rr.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO Categories
From: Dave Edmonds <dave@pkministrywebs.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 11:22:01 -0400
The 5 day log submission requirement makes sending in a log difficult.
There have times when I've had to hand log due to problems with sw etc...
Converting the log to a 'readable' format, ie cabrillo takes longer than 5
days... especially when you have more to do than ham radio.

73s Dave WN4AFP

On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 6:56 PM, <w2lc@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

> If CQWW merges SO and SOA then I'll pass on that contest.  And I'll also
> pass on the CQ magazine subscription as well.
> Same goes for any other contest that combines SO and SOA.
>
> I don't have a problem with operating unassisted, but I am puzzled as to
> why others want to eliminate the SO category. And I don't care if you
> operate assisted if that is what you like to do.  I have no interest in
> spots, skimmer, RBN, etc.  I have looked at them yes, but I am not
> interested in using those during a contest.
>
> "The heavy handed CC action to deter cheaters is driving participation
> away".  Yes Dale, me at least.
>
> "Then again I always got the sense that there was a movement to destroy
> the unassisted category for whatever reason".  Yes Ria there is, I see it
> too.
>
> And then there is the 5 day log deadline that I do not like. I was asked
> by LU5DX (I think) to submit my CQWW CW log a few weeks ago, several months
> after the contest ended. He said it would help with the log checking, so I
> obliged and sent it in 3 months or so late.  If sending a log in 3 months
> late is okay with the log checker, then why the 5 day deadline?  Why not at
> least include the following weekend?  Or perhaps a 10 day deadline?
>
> 73 Scott W2LC

Dave Edmonds
PK Ministry Webs
864.288.6678