Re: [CQ-Contest] "It's just to save on typing"

To: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] "It's just to save on typing"
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 12:20:41 -0500
Actually, the ARRL has said the intent of the rule was to provide a means for
including a two-digit element in the exchange similar to the header on a
message, not necessarily to get people to send the year they were licensed.
Year of license was a convenient, easily understood meme.

If the point is to test your ability to copy what’s sent rather than accepting
what’s in your SCP file, wouldn’t you welcome a station changing his check?

73, kelly, ve4xt