Re: [CQ-Contest] "It's just to save on typing"

To: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] "It's just to save on typing"
From: Michael Clarson <wv2zow@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 14:33:54 -0400
If that is the point, then that should be the rule. Why have a rule
that is contrary to the intent of the rule? If there was contention
for the #1 spot, and #1 made up a number and #2 did not, shouldn't #2
petition the judges to DQ #1 for not following the rules, on the basis
that it takes less time for #1 to send 55 instead of the year he was
first licensed, which might be 00? And, if 55 gives one a small
advantage, then perhaps everyone can send 55! The fact that ARRL
doesn't check certain things is policy, not a rule, and can change at
any time.