Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ 160m contest-vs-DXCC rule problem

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ 160m contest-vs-DXCC rule problem
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2020 12:06:14 -0800
On 2/3/2020 6:48 AM, cosson-dimitri wrote:
<<<Same way as how ARRL nowadays recognizes "automated" FT8 QSO's?:-)

This statement is seriously flawed -- it is equivalent to saying that because it is well known that SOME contesters cheat on power that ALL contesters cheat on power. I'm a long time member of NCCC, and in 14 years, suspect only one contester and another DXer of having done so.

Many well known, well respected contesters and DXers are actively using FT8. I seriously doubt that they are cheating by using automation. How do I know they're active? I actively use FT8 myself since it was introduced for weak signal operation, and I see their calls being decoded by my software. If you want to know who they are, download the software, install it, and start monitoring 160 and 80 for a while.

73, Jim K9YC