Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ 160m contest-vs-DXCC rule problem

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ 160m contest-vs-DXCC rule problem
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2020 21:48:21 -0800
On 2/2/2020 3:10 PM, contesting@w2irt.net wrote:
All transmitters and receivers comprising a station used for a specific
contact must be located within a 500-meter diameter circle.

But the most ludicrous conflict with this is that QSOs made from QTHs within the lower 48 US states can be combined for DXCC. We can work EU from Maine, AS from WA, AF from FL, and count all of them for the same DXCC! But we can't combine QSOs made from, for example, Detroit and Windsor, ON.

73, Jim K9YC