Re: [Karlnet] RG-1100 END OF LIFE!

To: karlnet@WISPNotes.com
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] RG-1100 END OF LIFE!
From: Darko Budor <b@vodatel.hr>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 18:45:01 +0100
On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 08:12:17AM -0500, Russ Kreigh wrote:
> I myself, coming from a Cisco world think that Karlnet is some of the
> easiest stuff to configure out there. I would say the hardest part is
> generating keys and uploading, but the actual configuration is a breeze. I
> mean, if you understand Cisco NAT and the lines of config to do that,
> marking a checkbox and typing two IPs can't really be that hard, can it? The
> one thing that is much easier to do on Cisco's for me is routing, but that/s
> just me. Anyway, enough rambling I have to get to work :-P

Coming from the Cisco world, how do you feel about explaining a dozen of
pissed off customers why did everything stop for a half a minute while you
were changing config?

How do you feel if you have to drive to the CPE site to change the channel
on that CPE, because some MORON was interfering with the channel you were
using and you just can't upload the config on remote CPE cause the latency
was too high...

--
Darko Budor <budor (at) vodatel (dot) hr>