RE: [Karlnet] Clarification on KN-50 FW Issues

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] Clarification on KN-50 FW Issues
From: "Support" <Support@karlnet.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:43:36 -0500
Hello Bob,the KarlNet Support staff is gathering statistics at a problematic
site north of Columbus, Ohio . They are equipped with  bins for the original
KN-50.The successful information obtained will move to BETA, and KarlNet
Engineering will utilize these bins in network scenarios in our lab. Upon
successful completion of the KarlNet Test lab evaluation (1-2 weeks ETA),
the bins will be released to KarlNet Technical Services(my dept). I will
enable customers like yourself, the ability to  download bins utilizing
License site. Because of method/testing needed to verify modified bin file,
I can not predict a implementation date at this time. I know this is a issue
for customers with KN50 original code with HERMESI radio, but we must
complete ALL testing before I can recommend updating the bin. The website
will not be available for updating the KN50 ORIGINAL BOARDS with HERMESI
radio until the corrected bin file is available.

All currently shipping KN50 boards utilize HERMESII(H2) RADIO with
corresponding bin files.The current shipping product has Hermes II support
only. Customers with original unit (HermesI), are waiting for the updated
bin file that corrects issue related to Hermes I and high re-trans and
dropped packets. This will be available for download on License-it site.
THIS SITE IS NOT OPERATIONAL AT THIS TIME. When the updated bin file has
been tested and issue related to Hermes I radio and original KN-50 are
corrected the site will GO LIVE.

Thanks
Reg Mallory