Re: [Karlnet] Support for Multiple SSID's

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Support for Multiple SSID's
From: John Tully <tully@mikrotik.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:43:36 +0300
At 08:59 PM 4/28/2004, you wrote:

Karlnet: Any plans to support multiple SSID's & SSID based VLAN's in future AP+ Bins?

It seem I am getting active at writing to this list, but here it goes...

MikroTik RouterOS APs support multiple SSIDs and VLANs (that can be bridged to the SSID virtual interface). Also, we support unlimited WDS sessions so that you could bridge a VLAN to a WDS virtual interface (because just bridging a VLAN to an SSID only means that you can connect clients on that SSID to your VLAN, but with the WDS, you can bridge separate MAC layer networks -- like the building across the street using a WDS bridge and being sent to connected to one VLAN going into your network NOC).

John
www.mikrotik.com

Info on using multiple SSID's: http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials/article.php/2196451