Re: [Karlnet] Terabeam-WISP list response

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Terabeam-WISP list response
From: "Norm Young" <lists@applegatebroadband.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:40:01 -0800
Hey Reg,

Just want to let you know that I had problems with v4.46, namely the cessation of segment traffic issue on our network and ended up rolling back to 4.45-02. Surprisingly enough the problem hasn't raised it's ugly head since.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with KN-50 radios? I have a couple that cannot be accessed from the radio side, one with v1.20-00-050512 on it, and the other with v.1.00-00.073017. Of course, you find this out after coming back to the office, and they are a 25 mi. round trip and another service call away. They both pass traffic ok, however.

----- Original Message ----- From: "TerabeamTechnical Services" <Support@KarlNet.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 8:25 AM

All, 4.46 is in our testlab and we are verifying against scenarios provided
by customer reports.Not every customer symptom can be reproduced in a lab
environment, but we are doing our best to qualify ALL.The networks that
installed BETA 4.46 (July version), have reported that the problem was
addressed. Some still have an occurrence but it is less frequent.I have sent
previous emails asking everyone to confirm CPE transmit settings, verses
overall SNR levels to base station and visa versa.When the Transmit Rate
verses SNR settings recommendation was adhered AND v4.46 deployed at base
station the occurrence of IP Freeze was far less frequent if not nullified.
In some cases, this suggestion was not utilized and the freeze still
occurred with v4.46. A small percentage still occurred after making transmit
rate changes AND deploying 4.46.THE KEY IS TO REDUCE AVERAGE RE-TRANSMITS
RATES!.

We do not wish to rush this release of software, or burden our customers
with "Try This" BETA bin files.The KarlNet Testlab is fast tracking this
release as best possible, but because of the various deployments/hardware/RF
noise floors.........it takes time.

Thanks for your time and comments!

Reg Mallory

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Metcalf" <dan.metcalf@wbsysnet.com>
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2004 5:18 PM

Yes I am waiting for this as well, I have documented over 300 retrans in
less than 20 seconds to a single CPE while other CPE's get 0 transmits
--- I believe a fix is in the works ---