RFI

Re: [RFI] Utility coming tomorrow to chase RFI

To: Don Moman VE6JY <ve6jy.1@gmail.com>, "Rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Utility coming tomorrow to chase RFI
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2014 06:58:37 -0400
Thanks Don! I really appreciate the info. I picked up a CATV signal meter (Wavetek SAM IIID) which is great for hunting power line noise but very bulky to carry around. I would really like to have another HF/VHF/UHF receiver that is easy to carry, not only for power line noise but other RFI issues as well. I think the AGC was a big problem in the Alinco. It was so perfect no signal sounded any louder than the background hiss. What made it mute the buzz into something that sounded more like modulated background hiss I have no idea.

73,
Paul N1BUG