[RTTY] J'Accuse - RTTY RU

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] J'Accuse - RTTY RU
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 19:35:35 -0800
On Mon, 07 Jan 2002 15:34:59 -0500, Steve Holton wrote:

>Leaving out the callers callsign is at least a dubious practice IMHO.
>Steve N1NB

Might be.  When I'm CQing, I always do the exchange like this:

ME:   CQ RR DE W7TI W7TI
HIM:  (whatever)
ME:   W1AA W1AA 599 CA CA W7TI
HIM:  (whatever)
ME:   W1AA QSL TU W7TI QRZ

Where we part company is when I'm S&Ping, like this:

HIM:  CQ CQ, etc
ME:   W7TI W7TI W7TI (I don't send his call)
HIM:  (whatever)
ME:   QSL 599 CA CA W7TI (I still don't send his call)

However -- I DO have a buffer for those last two situations which DOES
have his call in it, just in case I think it needs it.  During an entire
contest, I might use those buffers once or twice, sometimes more.
Generally, if there are so many stations on frequency that confusion is
possible, I enter the frequency in to the rig's quick memory and come
back later.

Seems to work for me.

73, Bill W7TI