[RTTY] J'Accuse - RTTY RU

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] J'Accuse - RTTY RU
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert)
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 12:02:00 -0500
At 11:36 AM 1/8/2002 -0500, Steve Holton N1NB wrote:

>I almost agree with Bill - but he isn't as fussy when he's in S&P mode -
>But if he was "symmetrical" he would expect a call sign in the exchange
>from the run station - just the way he does when he's running.

I used to S/P a lot more on RTTY than I do now.  Writelog only gives you 2
F-keys using the right mouse button.  With S/P mentality, F3 sends my call,
and F4 sends the exchange:

         <yourcall> TU 599 MA MA de <mycall>

When I run, I send the *same* exchange, because it's too hard to keep
reprogramming the F4 key based on context.  Yes, I sent TU even though I
haven't received your report yet (but thanks for calling).  And yes, I send
my call again, even though I probably don't need to (that's what the CQ or
QSL QRZ is for).

I program F2 to call CQ, F5 to send QSL QRZ and leave F3/F4 the same for
both running and S/P.  But I really should make F3 send CQ or QSL QRZ and
relegate F2 to dumping in my call, but I still S/P more than 50% of the
time, so the tradeoff currently works for me - more mouse, less keyboard.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Season's Greetings 2001/2002 - http://www.ad1c.com/2001/

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com