[RTTY] J'Accuse - RTTY RU

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] J'Accuse - RTTY RU
From: sholton@optonline.net (Steve Holton)
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 11:36:00 -0500
I almost agree with Bill - but he isn't as fussy when he's in S&P mode -
But if he was "symmetrical" he would expect a call sign in the exchange
from the run station - just the way he does when he's running. That's my
primary peeve - the CQ station never including the S&P stations call at
least once their exchange.
Others have pointed out that it may be acceptable for the CQ station not to
include his call in every turn - and I think that's reasonable - though not
once every 10 minutes - HI HI
Excluding the signal report - we'll that's basically cheating......

>Might be.  When I'm CQing, I always do the exchange like this:
>
>ME:   CQ RR DE W7TI W7TI
>HIM:  (whatever)
>ME:   W1AA W1AA 599 CA CA W7TI       <<< This is fine with me
>HIM:  (whatever)
>ME:   W1AA QSL TU W7TI QRZ

>Where we part company is when I'm S&Ping, like this:
>
>HIM:  CQ CQ, etc
>ME:   W7TI W7TI W7TI (I don't send his call)
>HIM:  (whatever)      <<< Here it gets slippery if your call doesn't
>appear - As you would send when CQing!
>ME:   QSL 599 CA CA W7TI (I still don't send his call)

If all the CQ stations were like you then we'd be in great shape

Now  I have 3 cents in
73 Steve N1NB