[RTTY] Re: AA5AU RTTY Call file available

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Re: AA5AU RTTY Call file available
From: martyt@pobox.com (Marty Tippin)
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 16:30:05 -0600
For any of you who aren't using Don's callsign file, I *highly* encourage
you to grab it and use it! Super check partial is probably the most
valuable feature in WriteLog for many contests, once you know how to use it
to your advantage. For RTTY contests particularly, you need a special set
of callsigns since everyone knows "normal" contest operators won't be found
on RTTY...

It was unbelievably valuable to me in the Roundup at PJ2T -- you don't know
how many times I saw nothing but gibberish when the pileup called, but
somehow there would be a callsign embedded within the mess... And to have
WriteLog pull it out and highlight it made life soooo much easier.

Also came in handy when the JAs called - as I could barely print them at
all. But once I got a full suffix, it was generally easy to come up with
what the correct callsign should be, send it back several times for
verification and then go on to the task of trying to get a serial number.

Thanks, Don, for making it available -- this is one of those things you
could have kept to yourself as a "secret weapon" but instead made it
available for all of us. That's how the hobby is supposed to work!

73,

-Marty NW0L / PJ2T
  martyt@pobox.com