RE: [RTTY] Concept of a new RTTY Contest

To: "Ford Peterson" <ford@cmgate.com>
Subject: RE: [RTTY] Concept of a new RTTY Contest
From: "J. Edward (Ed) Muns" <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:16:15 -0800
> Any logging software that supports the Stew Perry Topband DX
> Challenge already computes the distance between grid squares,
> using the center of the grid.  Points are assigned to each Q
> based on the number of 500 KM increments.  E.g. < 500 = 1;
> 500-1000 = 2; 1000-1500 = 3, and so on.  I think the module to
> compute the distance between two squares is readily available
> from the boys in the Boring Oregon ARC, sponsors of the "Stew."
> Incorporting that module should be fairly straight forward.

In addition, low power entrants multiply their score by 2 and QRP entrants
multiply their score by 4.  A QSO with a QRP station is double points ...
this is computed by the log checking software of the Stew Perry TBDC
sponsor.  During the contest, you and your logging software don't know for
sure who is running QRP.

73,
Ed - W0YK