Re: [RTTY] Telnet/Packet and the RTTY RU

To: "RTTY" <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Telnet/Packet and the RTTY RU
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:22:05 -0500
Scott Nichols wrote: "IMO, forcing ASSISTED ops into the MULTI category only
DIScourages participation and ENcourages cheating"

Not sure I understand, how being "forced into a Multi category, discourages
participation and encourages cheating"? Personally, I prefer to "take my
chances", using telnet/packet, and competing against Multi-Op stations? In
the past, I have fared much better, being in Multi-Op, than I have being in
SO?

Sometime back, I asked N1ND to define single, as it related to
"3.2. Multioperator, Single Transmitter":

"A Multi-Single means one transmitted signal at any time.  It is permissible
for someone to tune with a second transmitter and work stations if the other
transmitter is not transmitting.  If they do so on the same band, it does
not count as a band change.  If it is on another band, it would count as a
band change and a return to the other transmitter by the first radio counts
as another band change. This strategy is used frequently by Multi-single
stations and is well accepted by the contesting community."

Another of the "agree to disagree, agreeably" sections of the rules?

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW