Re: [RTTY] CQ-Contest SO2R

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CQ-Contest SO2R
From: "John Fleming" <john@wa9als.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 21:54:59 -0400
> I am the moderator.
> Bill W6WRT

That pretty much says it all, folks.  As far as I know, in several years,
this reflector has basically NOT been moderated.  I did it for awhile, AD1C
did it for awhile, and others before us, and we just tended to pending
moderator requests via Mailman (spam etc).  I don't think I've ever seen a
thread "closed" by the moderator here.  The closest thing would've been a
strong admonition to cease after about 3-4 days of "chicken cross the road"
jokes.  :)  That was in the dwindling days of the Gentleman's Mode and no
below-the-belt punches.

Several of the original innovators of SO2R don't even operate the contests
anymore.  Gee, wonder why?  A thread like the current one would've been
closed a long time ago on, say, the Icom reflector, which Dick Flanagan
moderates closely (and infrequently posts to).

Oh well, ham radio in general isn't what it used to be!  Too bad...

Anyone under 35 reading this stuff?  I doubt it.

73 - John, WA9ALS