Re: [RTTY] Comments on TX5C RTTY Operations

To: "Jerry Flanders" <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Comments on TX5C RTTY Operations
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 21:25:23 -0000
Hi Jerry,

I am still unsure about the use of the DE. Some software, especially contest
software such as Writelog and N1MM seem to be able to cope without it quite
neatly.
BUT, I am not so sure whether all software handles the situation similarly.

I have often found that using just the space before my call results in my
call being received incorrectly, so I still keep it to hand, and use it when
I think it may be needed.
I have thought it may be down to getting the correct start bit, but I really
cannot be sure.

I'd appreciate any constructive thoughts on this!

And no, the BK, K and KN merely serve to break the natural flow of things,
and even worse are those that send PSE KKKK at the end!

73 all

Phil GU0SUP