Re: [RTTY] EA Contest Rules

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] EA Contest Rules
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 05:17:10 -0400
Bill, W6WRT wrote: "I suspect the "unique" QSOs really are busted calls for
the most part.
How often do you suppose a non-contester gets on, makes exactly one
contest QSO and then quits? I'm sure it must happen occasionally but a
busted call is far more likely IMO. And busted calls should be DQ'd."

I agree, in principal, however if/when anyone gets on and makes only one (1)
contact, IMHO the log checker should do all possible to verify that it is
indeed "unique", and not "busted"? Not having any knowledge of the log
checking process, this may already be being done, and if so, I applaud the
log checkers for the diligence! I admire, certainly not envy, all log
checkers, as theirs is a thankless job. I'm not sure that I have ever made
just one (1) contact, and I've seldom, late in a contest, worked someone
that gave me a 001 serial number?
This will soon be a "moot" point, at least for a few months...."when it
stops being fun, I'll go fishing", and fishing weather is here.

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW