Re: [RTTY] EA Contest Rules

To: "John Barber GW4SKA" <ska@bartg.org.uk>, <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] EA Contest Rules
From: "Jack West" <w7ld@theriver.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 08:21:38 -0700
John,

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Barber GW4SKA" <ska@bartg.org.uk>
To: <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>; "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Cc: <psussman@pactor.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2009 4:30 PM

> Unique calls that show up in a contest log occur for many reasons, but most
> are due to bad logging. These can usually be picked out by the log checker
> and the contacts flagged as invalid.

This really burns me.....sorry.  I have a group of friends that operate in what
we call the "RATTS RTTY NET" on 3.598 mark every week night at
2000 lcoal pacific time.

My firends know my pasion for rtty contesting and find me on 80 meters
to "give me a point".  Most of them do not operate in contests and they
do not turn in logs.  When I looked at the results of the LCR in a recent
contest, I was shocked to see I was docked for a dozen or more unique
calls.  I am a honest fellow.  I don't like to be told I am cheating when
I am not!

73 de
Jack / W7LD / "Lucky Dog"