[RTTY] RTTY contest questions and comments

To: "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY contest questions and comments
From: "Amos, Ian" <ian.amos@sap.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 15:00:33 +0100
 I agree with Bill the CALL TU helps me make sure I have the QSO, as I have
been caught a few times. This a little slower but I believe it improves my log
accuracy overall.

Ian
VE3JI

>Another comment..... after the exchange it helps band sweepers if you send TU
>N6PE or QSL N6PE instead of N6PE TU or N6PE QSL because they can move as soon
>as they see the T or the Q

REPLY:

I do it as N6PE TU because often there will be two stations, both of whom think
they worked me. If I do the TU first, they will both be gone, but only one is
really in the log. Sending the call sign first gives them both a look at who I
really logged.

73, Bill W6WRT