Re: [RTTY] RTTY contest questions and comments

To: "Amos, Ian" <ian.amos@sap.com>, "Claude Du Berger" <duberger.miousse81@globetrotter.net>, <rtty@contesting.com>, "Jerry Flanders" <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY contest questions and comments
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:24:37 -0500
Yes, you can edit macros "on the fly" in N1MM Logger. (Right click on any
macro button.)

When I make a RTTY contesting presentation, I make a point about changing
bands (80m vs. 20m), changing propagation (a pipeline vs. signals in the
noise), and even the portion of the contest (beginning vs. end) make a
difference in the most effective macros.

As a RTTY operator gains contesting experience, they will learn to change
the macro content to optimize for the current conditions. Macros should not
be chiseled in stone! Editing them only takes a few seconds. I queue up a
couple of CQ's and make my changes during that period of time.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN