Re: [RTTY] K or carriage return

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] K or carriage return
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 16:38:41 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 10:35:57 -0500, David Levine
<david@levinecentral.com> wrote:

>I really didn't want to jump into this thread but what the heck. What P49X
>and some others do is beyond amazing to me. But the milliseconds they might
>theoretically gain by not sending a space and running SO2R (or SO3R, etc)
>caused me to wait a few seconds a few times while they handled the other
>radio/band.

REPLY:

There are a few stations that I avoid during the first half or so of the
contest. I know two things about them:  They will be busy during the
early stages, often making me wait in line, and they will still be there
during the second half and probably much less busy. And often during the
second half they S&P me anyway.

Seems to work.

73, Bill W6WRT