Re: [RTTY] ?? 7O6T

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ?? 7O6T
From: "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 20:46:13 -0400
>>>AA6YQ comments below

-----Original Message-----
From: rtty-bounces@contesting.com [mailto:rtty-bounces@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of Nelson Moyer
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 8:41 PM
To: rtty@contesting.com

Dave,

I haven't chased them on RTTY because while I can print them, they work only
EU. For the record, my DXCC RTTY total is 313, so I'm pretty sure they could
hear me if they were working NA between 2100-0400 UTC. Furthermore, I'm #1
Honor Roll, so I'm not whining, just stating the obvious. What are your
totals, Dave?

Dave,

I haven't chased them on RTTY because while I can print them, they work only
EU. For the record, my DXCC RTTY total is 313, so I'm pretty sure they could
hear me if they were working NA between 2100-0400 UTC. Furthermore, I'm #1
Honor Roll, so I'm not whining, just stating the obvious.

>>>You're whining Nelson. 7O6T is under no obligation to work you on RTTY at
your convenience. They have been making plenty of NA QSOs on 20m RTTY -- I
personally heard many of them before I made my RTTY QSO. Your conclusions
are demonstrably incorrect.

What are your totals, Dave?

>>>My totals are

Mixed: 340 (ARRL DXCC credit)

CW: 338 (ARRL DXCC credit)

Phone: 340 (ARRL DXCC credit)

RTTY: 330 (ARRL DXCC credit), and "in the log" for HK0NA, 9M0L, and 7O6T,
which will take me to 333.

Challenge: 2936 (ARRL DXCC credit)

>>>If you want to work 7O6T on RTTY, your best bet is 20m between 3Z and 6Z
(while much of EU is asleep).

    73,

       Dave, AA6YQ