Re: [RTTY] ?? 7O6T

To: "Nelson Moyer" <ku0a@mchsi.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ?? 7O6T
From: "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 21:09:07 -0400
>>>AA6YQ comments below

-----Original Message-----
From: rtty-bounces@contesting.com [mailto:rtty-bounces@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of Nelson Moyer
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 8:43 PM
To: rtty@contesting.com

Dave,

Second, by 0600 UTC , it's 1:00 a.m. in the morning in Iowa, and 20 meters
isn't open.

>>>You need to improve your understanding of HF propagation, Nelson. I heard
plenty of Midwest stations working 7O6T on 20m between 2Z and 4Z; it's hard
not to remember getting beat by ops west of me!

>>>Using PropView, the propagation forecasting component of the free-ware
DXLab Suite, I generated a forecast showing the openings between your
location in EN41fp and 7O6T in LK72am. PropView can use either the ICEPAC or
VOACAP engines to generate forecasts; this one was generated with PropView
configured to use ICEPAC:

<www.dxlabsuite.com/propview/KU0A-7O6T.jpg>

>>>In this graphical display, the thicker the line, the higher the
probability of an opening. I've circled the strongest part of the 20m
opening between 1z and 2z.

   73,

      Dave, AA6YQ