Re: [RTTY] ARRL Symbol rate proposal

To: "'Kok Chen'" <chen@mac.com>, "'RTTY Reflector'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ARRL Symbol rate proposal
From: "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 15:41:40 -0400
Multiple responses based on facts and logic will be more effective than a
single response with multiple signatories, and more
effective than the same response submitted by multiple ops.

Based on your previous response, Chen, there are two fundamental problems with
the ARRL Symbol rate proposal:

1. it would open the bands to much wider signals, with no provision for dealing
with the resulting increase in interference

2. it would allow unattended digital stations without competent busy frequency
detectors access to a broader range of frequencies,
with no provision for dealing the resulting increase in interference.

A clear articulation of the facts and logic that is widely disseminated would
enable many ops to respond to the FCC accurately, in
their own words. You've made a good start.

My 2006 response to the ARRL's "Regulation by Bandwidth" proposal (RM-11306) is
available here:

<http://www.ambersoft.com/Amateur_Radio/AA6YQ%20RM-11306.pdf>

      73,

            Dave, AA6YQ