Re: [RTTY] W1AW/x RTTY operations

To: <pcooper@guernsey.net>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] W1AW/x RTTY operations
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 12:44:59 -0800
Hi Phil,

I concur with your observations. Our AK coordinator hasn't yet released the schedule for the various operators, but hopefully I will get a few stints on RTTY. Looking forward to using several 2Tone clone windows to help sort out the throngs sure to be there. I for one will be working split - can't fathom trying to do it on simplex.

I've heard ARRL Headquarters has been receiving many complaints about so many ops running split and demanding more simplex operations on all modes. I attribute this primarily to non-contest/non-DX hunter operators who have never operated anything except simplex in their amateur radio lives. Many probably have no idea of how to put their radios into split mode. If they do, then they have little idea of what to do to insure they make a contact. Hopefully this will be a learning experience for them and by year end many will have managed to upgrade their skills set.

Be looking for you in the W1AW/KL7 pile ups starting the week of June 18th. At least I will know how to get your call correct! Good luck with the W1AW/n WAS quest. Hope to manage that one myself.

73,
Gary AL9A

-----Original Message----- From: Phil Cooper