Re: [RTTY] W1AW/x RTTY operations

To: "'W0MU'" <w0mu@w0mu.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] W1AW/x RTTY operations
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 17:10:30 +0100
Hi all,

W0MU wrote: "....... Be happy someone is trying RTTY at all.  You are
correct that many are not good pileup ops and that is ok.  The fun is in the
chase, right?............."

Yes, I am indeed happy that folk are running RTTY! However, I am sure that
it is not too difficult to find ops to run the mode. I'm sure that many are
experienced, and if my contacts with W1AW/4 were anything to go by, I assume
the op was indeed Mike K4GMH.

And yes, the chase is all part of it, but I do want to see my QSO confirmed
by the op, just as you would for any DX op, or for a contest.
Having a huge pile-up where folk are calling over each other is not good,
and not helpful to anyone.

I'm sure some of you here know the ops in question, and could maybe offer
some guidance.

It's all good fun, but I somehow wonder if the ARRL underestimated the
amount of interest in the Centennial QSO Party?

Also, I assume there are a lot of non-USA stations using this as a way to
gain the Triple Play Award.
Not me, as I don't do SSB!
But, it would still be neat to get all 50 States on RTTY.........

73 de Phil GU0SUP

---
is active.