Re: [RTTY] OT Computer Assistance

To: "'Phil Sussman'" <psussman@pactor.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] OT Computer Assistance
From: "Jim Hargrave" <w5ifp@gvtc.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 08:30:44 -0600
Phil,

I crossed that bridge last year and have been very pleased.
My  XP bit the dust in an electrostatic burst during a storm.

I bought a  HP Quad core machine with Win 8.1.
I installed 2 PCIE cards (2 serial + 1 Par in each). This gave me 4 serial
and 2 Parallel ports.
I have a USB sound card for digital programs,
I have a USB2Serial (FTDI) that works very well with Win8.

 I Run Logger32 w/SO2R and use a parallel port for Antenna switching,
another for FSK Keying.
The 2 internal cards and USB2Serial adapter was around $50.

Windows 8 takes some getting used to, but my radio programs are running
well.

Jim - W5IFP