Re: [RTTY] OT Computer Assistance

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] OT Computer Assistance
From: "George Henry" <ka3hsw@att.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 12:11:57 -0600
The problem he will run into with an older version of Microsoft Office is that, although it might be able to run in Compatibility Mode, it is unsupported by Microsoft and he will not be able to *activate* it after installing it under Win 7 or 8, so it will "expire" after a limited number of launches. Ran into this at my office... although we had over 120 copies of Office Basic 2003 that came with the XP computers we had to replace (medical clinic: XP is not HIPAA compliant now that it's unsupported), they can't be activated on the new Win 7 computers, so we have to buy new versions for all those machines!

George, KA3HSW

----- Original Message ----- From: "James C. Hall, MD" <heartdoc@nwtcc.com> To: "Phil Sussman" <psussman@pactor.com>; "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>