Re: [RTTY] OT Computer Assistance

To: Phil Sussman <psussman@pactor.com>, RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] OT Computer Assistance
From: "James C. Hall, MD" <heartdoc@nwtcc.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 10:00:01 -0600
Hi Phil:

You've gotten some good responses already. I'll just chime in a little as
computers are part of my professional life. I tend to build my own machines and
I use Win7, not Win8. I am hearing that Win8 will probably go down as the Vista
of our time. Ouch !

You must have a multi-multi station to require 3 computers in your shack. I run
SO2R with one computer and multiple monitors. Three printers ? Really ? Get a
nice printer and put it on your network and share it. You can do this
wirelessly.

You didn't mention what (old) software you are using but even if it's Office
97, you can still use it in compatibility mode. I wouldn't - but you can. I use
Office 2010. Others have mentioned the freely downloadable Open Office and
there is Office Libre (I think it's called). All are fully compatible with all
the usual formats.

73, Jamie
WB4YDL

Sent from my iPad