Re: [RTTY] RU macros - my views

To: David Levine <david@levinecentral.com>, Jeff Stai <wk6i.jeff@gmail.com>, RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RU macros - my views
From: iw1ayd - Salvatore Irato <iw1ayd@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 21:52:41 +0100
Right David,
it could be an operator error under N1MM Classic and N1MM+ with ESM enabled ... but I am stuck one step before when S&P. In my DI windows macros there is the one in the leftmost and highest rank that is MYC2. It is the same text as the F4 when S&P > F4 SP Call,{TX}{ENTER} {MYCALL} {MYCALL} {RX}{ENTERLF}. So it is {TX}{ENTER} {MYCALL} {MYCALL} {RX}{ENTERLF}. I know myself and I know that following ESM I could make it wrong. Sometimes I place the incoming caller callsign into to main input window and this fire up the ESM. First step it go to F4, so Right Mouse = Not Menu will fire
"
IW1AYD IW1AYD "

But often I would check for beaming or, more easy it it is really a multiplier - I see a RED callsign, but when into the main input window it become blue. So I have to decide/known if I could call him or I have to go away. At this time, here you right David if I understand what U wrote, ESM isn't anymore aimed to give a call. ESM is aiming the answer to that pounce-able station callsign. That's it. The Cursor in the main input windows of N1MM moved from the end of the callsign into the first filed to the last, usually, field for data input: the exchange.
It will fire
ZZ#WWW 599-070-070
That's the wrong macro. Well, as I also suffer from this syndrome as you David I'd prepared the DI macros as I sad. At this time, almost any time I am in S&P just to remember, I call him with the DI macro MYC2. I don't use ESM ... or I have to get it back one step and this action is unclear for me.

As I made this cure for myself I wasn't thinking to the step you wrote about. So definetivelyl you right it could be a program behavior - operator error more than a malicious spoiling habit.

Admittedly I have some of those program behavior - operator error that I am unable to cure. When not focused I see that I make mistakes like this. The easiest is - with all the cooperation from the N1MM ESM code - I send back AGN AGN even if I have already placed the right exchange well into the right field. I still have to discover why. Also even even I am faulting or not. This doesn't usually happen when I am focused by high rates. Well, I will find it ...

So I would leave my example but just with a 1% of probability for spoilers on track - 99% of operation errors - mistakes - program behavior ... sorry to have forced it too high before.

          73 de iw1ayd Salvo

PS now I am pretty sure my cure for myself work HI! I have had also a MYC3 nearby some time ago, but I removed it <:-)