Re: [RTTY] BARTG HF Contest 2015 Preliminary Results

To: "Phil Sussman" <psussman@pactor.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] BARTG HF Contest 2015 Preliminary Results
From: " pcooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 02:19:40 -0700
Hi all,

Interesting views and some different points of view being shown here.

Yes, a computer is pretty much a requirement, especially for RTTY, but maybe
there are still some that use machine generated RTTY and log on paper. However,
I doubt that many of those ever appear in the top 100 in a contest.
That's not to say they don't have fun though!

If you start to think back, and it isn't that long ago, logs were posted in to
the contest adjudicator, and you had to wait the best part of a year before you
saw any results.
Being able to submit a log and see some results in weeks or a few months is
progress - to me anyway.
Phil - you might as well denigrate LoTW for similar reasons.

I am reminded of a cartoon I saw recently, which showed two cavemen sitting
round a fire.
One say to the other "Tools, then fire, and now the wheel! Do you remember when
life was simpler?"

It's all a matter of perspective.

73 de Phil GU0SUP