Re: [RTTY] 2Tone Ssetup Help

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 2Tone Ssetup Help
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 20:51:27 -0500
Steve wrote:

"What is the advantage of running 2Tone as a second decoder?"

When you run more than one decoder, you gain diversity. When you run 2Tone
is a second RTTY window, MMTTY is still decoding in the other. Both decode
the same signal at the same time. There will be times when both decode fine.
There will be times when MMTTY will decode something that 2Tone misses and
times when 2Tone decodes something that MMTTY doesn't.

MMTTY has been a good decoder for many years (since 2000 I think), but 2Tone
is hands down better overall. I currently run MMTTY in one RTTY window and
2Tone in two additional receive-only windows.

73, Don AA5AU