Re: [RTTY] Trailing CQ

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Trailing CQ
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 21:01:36 -0400

> Suggestion: instead of attempting to change the operating
> practice, suppose running stations end with CQ {period} {space}

The period requires a shift to figures case.  With the sift to
figures and shift back with the space, the better solution would
be to use TEST!

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

On 3/25/2016 5:06 PM, Michael Clarson wrote:
My understanding of the problem is S&P operators like CQ at the end to save
time. Skimmers like the CQ at the end so they know its a valid CQ -
  running station. Problem is when someone tailends the CQ with their own
call (perfectly OK practice) it fools the skimmers into thinking they
called CQ. Suggestion: instead of attempting to change the operating
practice, suppose running stations end with CQ {period} {space} This keeps
S&P ops happy. If skimmers do nothing, status quo is maintained. If
skimmers alter software to ignore calls after the CQ {period}, spotting
accuracy is improved. Comments? --Mike, WV2ZOW