Re: [RTTY] RTTY Skimmer

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Skimmer
From: "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@dxatlas.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 10:10:04 -0400
Hi Don,

Another space at the end of the message would not affect the error rate, a newline code would certainly result in a significant improvement.

73 Alex VE3NEA

I do have one question. I understand that one of the biggest issues is that
RTTY contesters place "CQ" at the end of their CQ message (and it's for good
reason). Most of us use a single space at the end of that message. Would it
help if everyone who places CQ at the end of their CQ message, used two
spaces instead of one after that trailing "CQ"? If so, I'll start doing that
and advocate that others do it as well. Would it make a difference? Would we
get less S&P stations being spotted by RTTY skimmer?

73, Don AA5AU