Re: [RTTY] RTTY Skimmer

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Skimmer
From: "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@dxatlas.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 16:56:06 -0400
Hi Ed,

There are several sources of the CQ/DE detection errors. The CRLF code at the beginning of each message eliminates one of them, but there are still others. Another CRLF, at the end of the message, would eliminate most of the error scenarios, but I need to collect more information before I can tell if such change is really necessary.

Then new version of RTTY Skimmer Serve that I am playing with locally is supposed to improve the CQ/DE error rate, among other things. I cannot tell how big the improvement is until I try it in the next contest, so let us just wait and see.

73 Alex VE3NEA