[TenTec] ORION color:

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ORION color:
From: w9ac@arrl.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 10:09:46 -0400
I still like the idea of an anodized aluminum front panel with a choice of
colors, and perhaps a clear Lexan mask surrounding the
controls (e.g., the RX-340).  Anodizing is an interesting process: it forms an
insulating film barrier onto the aluminum surface.
The film can take on a vast array of colors and the tinting is added in at the
time of anodizing.  The ecelectic hi-fi industry has
seen an increase in anodizing due to its gorgeous, classical look from the '50s
and '60s.  I have to believe that since Ten-Tec is
in the aluminum fabrication business that this could be accomplished at a
production cost commensurate with plastic injection
molding.

-Paul, W9AC