[TenTec] CW Key Clicks and Filters

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] CW Key Clicks and Filters
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 14:00:38 -0800 (PST)
The rampant clicks I am referring to are +/- 500-800hz
from the fundamental and clearly audible with a xtal
filtered receiver.  They are not the artifact of the
receiver, they are present in the xmit signal (keying
rise/fall time too fast) of some (not all) modern
rigs. Just tune across 40M and you'll hear some
signals that are completely clean and some signals
that are horrendously clicky.

73,
Barry N1EU