[TenTec] Public opinion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Public opinion
From: k5uj@hotmail.com (Rob Atkinson, K5UJ)
Date: Tue Feb 4 13:42:44 2003
George W5YR writes:
"Their amateur product line is now quite limited with no top-line
radio, such as the Omni series, to bring in serious sales dollars.
They have therefore suffered considerable reduction in cash flow for
quite some time now. Add to that the impact of the development costs
of the ORION. Every week that ORION shipments slip is one more week of
salaries and other development cost added to the ORION and one more
week of no income from ORION shipments. They are getting further and
further "behind the power curve" so to speak. Clearly, TT is reluctant
to focus on this thus they say little to their customer base. The real
reasons are hardly flattering."

With the Jupiter and the Argo V their product line is "quite limited?"  I
wouldn't go that far.  They are back ordered on the Argo and shipping.  Jup
is selling well too I believe.  I.e., cash is coming in.  There are sales
from used gear, perhaps some factory store sales, and some money from the
repair department.  There is also some revenue from other TT businesses.  I
happen to know this little bit from visiting a few weeks ago but you'd think
George is a member of the board of directors with insider knowledge from the
way he's whaling away.  He makes it sound as if they are about to go
bankrupt.  Come on George, relax.

73,

Rob
K5UJ