[TenTec] new set of paddles for my Jupiter

To: "TenTec List" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] new set of paddles for my Jupiter
From: "jdanter" <jdanter@mail.i-america.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 22:40:03 -0400
John,

No experience with the spring action, Bencher,
or the Kent, magnetic.

I do have a Vibroplex Brass Racer, magnetic.

Only problem with the Racer was the magnets tended to pull through the housing,
and stick to the paddles.
My fix was to slightly stretch the tension springs for the magnets.

Take a look at the keys and paddles Marshall Emm
has for sale on his website:
http://www.mtechnologies.com/

I have the Russian ElectroInstrument Key-8.
It is a robust designed key, that has individual spring tension adjustments for
both the dot and dash keys.
Beautifully chromed brass body, with large paddles.
It does have an internal keyer, but the keyer is NOT iambic.
The keyer WILL repeat dots and dashes,
and I find it satisfactory, considering its limitations.
You can also bypass the internal keyer and use your favorite outboard keyer.
See Marshall's notes on the key.

I also have the Vibroplex/Ten-Tec Limited Edition Iambic standard.
Only improvement would be the larger paddle set Vibroplex offers.
If you find one of these, you may consider upgrading to Deluxe specs.
Check the W5JAY website for the upgrade info:
http://www.w5jay.net/vibroplex/index.htm

Jamie NE4TT

---
[Pre-scanned for viruses by Internet America.]