Re: [TenTec] New $10K Yaesu HF

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New $10K Yaesu HF
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 11:12:46 -0400
I personally hope Ten Tec will stay on the design track they are already on.
That is, make a damn fine radio and leave the color (useless) stuff to the
$10k + manufacturers. I want to be able to HEAR weak stations and I want to
be able to WORK weak DX stations on CW as well as try like heck to win at
least one contest in my life, plus run CW at speeds over 70 wpm. I don't
need to see who I work, just hear them. My  own personal opinion however.

I also don't think that the Orion could 'just add' a color display. The
spectrum they now display with the Orion is for all practical purposes,
worthless, and I  think significant (re)design of some circuitry would be
called for to make it at least a decent display. So again, I personally,
would rather see them continue to work on design performance instead of a
color display.

Tom - W4BQF